Injury Questions

There are specific answers to questions and facts a law firm will want to know from a clients about their accident.

  • A law firm will want you to describe your injuries in detail.
  • If you have photos of your injuries an attorney will want to see those photos.
  • Were you sent by an ambulance to the hospital?
  • Were you treated in the emergency room? Where, what hospital and how long did you stay?
  • What was the ER doctor’s diagnosis of your injuries?
  • Were you prescribed any medications, splints, crutches, etc?
  • Were you advised to follow up with another doctor?
  • What are the names of the doctors that have treated you since the accident. (Include your primary care physician, physical therapist, hospitals, radiology and other facilities.)
  • Are your injuries long-term?
    Have you been released from medical care?

If you have information life this an attorney will be able to help you determine if you have a case.  We are ready to answer your injury and medical questions 24 hours a day.

Call 800-949-6100.

Question we get asked include:

  • Who will pay my medical bills?
  • What is my case worth?
  • Who will pay my time off work?

10 Comments to Injury Questions

  • Brunito says:

    Your going to have a hard time with this one. I assume you were the rievdr of your car. As such, the only coverages that would apply to you would be Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP). It depends on what state you live in as to if you have Med Pay or PIP.Med Pay only pays for medical bills. It does not pay lost wages or pain/suffering. It is not a required coverage.If you live in a no fault state then you are required to carry PIP. PIP works a little different in each state that has it. In general PIP covers medical bills, lost wages. However, a lot will depend on the wording in your policy. Bodily Injury Liability pays for injuries you cause to other people. It does not apply to the rievdr of your vehicle. From what your company is saying the Med Pay or PIP (if you have it) do not apply in your situation. So there is no source of recovery under your own policy. A lawyer can’t change the language in your policy. Now you may be able to recover from the owner of the tree. But that’s not going to be easy and is certainly not a sure thing. There are a lot of factors that come into play.What was the condition of the tree?Why did it fall (such as a storm)?Was the owner on notice that it had fallen?Also the tree is a fixed object. It’s a hazard that is there to be seen. You did not see it. So your own negligence will come into the equation as well.

  • Liz says:

    I was hit from behind and the other party’s insurance is paying for the damages but not for my hospital bill. I was driving my mother’s car as an unauthorized driver. Is there anything I can do to have the other party’ insurance pay for my hospital bill? Also, if my mom’s insurance covers it, won’t the insurance increase because I was driving the car? Your help is appreciated, thank you. Liz

    • Under New York’s “no fault” insurance law, the insurer of the host vehicle is responsible for paying medical expenses and lost wages in the first instance. The offending vehicle’s insurer is only responsible for the portion of those expenses that exceed a certain threshold, generally fifty thousand dollars.

      If you suffer what the law defines as a “serious injury” you can assert a claim against the driver and owner of the offending vehicle for the expenses mentioned above as well as pain and suffering, which includes loss of enjoyment of life, but your mom’s carrier is the one that has to pay the first fifty thousand dollars in medical expenses.

      Most New York insurance policies cover the named insured and other members of that person’s family who reside in the same household so you may not be as “unauthorized” as you think. Whether the rates will go up is dependent on the individual insurance company. There is no hard and fast rule that it has to happen, but there really isn’t much you can do about it either.

      Neil Flynn, Esq.
      Paul Ajlouny & Assoc., P.C.

      • Liliane says:

        Really depends on the lawyer and what you agreed upon before hand. Make sure you iron all that out before going into court or retaining a personal injury lawyer.

  • Giannina says:

    A non driver’s licensed operator drove my vehicle and was in a collsion. the driver who drove my car was not responsible. My vehicle is a total loss. Is the other driver liable for the property damage of my vehicle?

    • Yes, the other driver liable for the property damage of my vehicle.

    • Fhhdhf says:

      There are far too many variables to be able to give you an ucaarcte answer. You age, driving experience, credit, car type and the rest of your driving record all play into the final rate. I can tell you however it will be far pricier then it used to be. People experience up to a 100% increase in premium sometimes. There are many companies that won’t even be able to offer you regular insurance. I recommend shopping around a lot it’s the only way you’ll find the best possible rate with a less then perfect driving record.Good luck.

  • The most basic limit is three years but that can be affected by your age, whether the other driver is a government employee in the course of his duties or driving a government vehicle and several other factors.

    24 hour New York Attorney

  • Mike says:

    How long do you have to file a claim after an auto accident in New York?

    • paul says:

      In New York you have 45 – 90 days to file an injury claim under no-fault coverage ( personal injury protection), which is the primary coverage for injuries to yourself and the occupants of your car. If you can no longer collect under no-fault than contact an attorney to see if you can file a lawsuit for your injuries.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Get Adobe Flash player